ZKM

Take a Peak Behind the Mask

"Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong."- Adolf Hitler

Friday, September 3, 2010

First Lesson of Sociopathy 101:

We lie.

So sure, I did say I'd post yesterday but, you should've known that I can't be trusted. Therefore, fifty/fifty blame both ways? Anyway, it has been a busy time for me. So many things to do.. plenty of time but too much procrastination, let's be honest. It's interesting being back in the game- I almost didn't miss it. Funny how you can appreciate things more while you're doing them.

But alas, I truly did need a break. A mental vacation of sorts. Usually(always) my idea of a 'vacation' is complete isolation and solitude from any person to person contact with the real world. Why? Because when I interact with people I have to work. Work work work. And what do I mean by 'work'? Actually, I can tell if you're reading this you're probably a smart cookie so you probably have a good idea what I meant by work. Buuut, I'll spell it out-I have to lie, bamboozle and B.S. That is NOT conducive to this Socio's version of R&R.

I lie, bamboozle and B.S on a daily basis, why would I make that have anything to do with my vacation? Honestly, my most pleasant moments occur when I am completely alone. Lonely lonesome Socio. Almost catchy, isn't it? That was a rhetorical device I just used there, bet that wasn't what was going through your head when you read it. No no no. That is something completely off topic and blatantly bafoonish (made up word..) that only I would think of.

But anyway, long story short (and now you're thinking, 'Wait. What story?') I am eternally (or at least until monday) grateful it is now the weekend. And although I have much work to do, at least I can do it peacefully alone. For me, that's what it's all about.


“Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your won presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement.” -Alice Koller

No comments: