ZKM

Take a Peak Behind the Mask

"Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong."- Adolf Hitler

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This Busy Busy Bee...


It's been awhile. Frankly, I've been as busy as a rat on a wheel. So much work to do, in so little time makes me a cranky little psychopath indeed. I suppose part of my problem has always been my affinity for expert procrastination. Why do something now when you can do it later? Honestly, if I weren't narcissistic I'd never get anything done.

How is it that my seemingly 'worst' traits are what helps me to succeed? I am arrogant, self serving and pessimistic with an ego that could fill the hole in the Ozone. If I weren't so full of myself I could never get up the energy to accomplish anything. It's true. I must maintain a constant level of superiority over others if I am to sleep peacefully at night. Therefore, that means I must be successful. How do you become successful? You do all the work you're asked to do, and you do it better than everyone else. That is my only motivation for breathing.

People like me wrestle our way through the school system, get amazing grades, go to the best available colleges, take all the right classes and apply for all the right jobs. We sell our souls to become business owners, supervisors, CEOs, and why? Because we have to. Normal life just isn't good enough for some of us. The things that make regular people happy is mere dust in the wind to me. But regulars don't seem to understand. You may be willing to do anything for your family, but I'll do anything to get to the top. Same thing really, you just think your reasoning is superior due to some cliched sentimentality.

Perhaps I'll post more later, for now I unfortunately have things to do.

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to look for it."- Henry David

No comments: