ZKM

Take a Peak Behind the Mask

"Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong."- Adolf Hitler

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation


I'm finally back from my little family trip. I can honestly say I have no particular fondness for the desert. I was born in the rain and will most likely die as damp as I was born. I prefer cloudy days and clear crisp nights. The rain, the hail the wind and everything in-between make me feel alive. I enjoy the chaos mother nature can deliver on a daily basis. Even from an early age I was always partial to a good storm. It calms my mind to be surrounded by chaos, as if I alone am the eye of some magnificent storm that is everyday life.

The temperature there ranged from 96 to 112 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending where you live and what climate you prefer that may sound horrendous or absolutely godly. I was the former. The heat alone I could take, but that coupled along with general familial trivialities trapped in a small automotive space for over 4 hours both ways, and I was about to lose my mind. My ideal car trip involves a direct route to wherever it is we're going, and absolutely no idol chatter or otherwise irritating and unnecessary noises. Those noises include; crying, talking, laughing, yelling and most anything else you can think of. Unfortunately for me all of these noises persisted consistently throughout the entirety of the trip.

That being said, my survival of this horrific ordeal cements my strength of mind in stone.

“No one needs a vacation more than the person who just had one.”


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No chatter!
okay.
-Yeonji